Saturday, January 30, 2010

Waking Up in Vegas

Life is pretty hectic sometimes and I’m pretty sure that’s true for everyone. In fact, I almost want to say that’s true for everyone. One might call it a universal truth.

The summer between my frosh year and sophomore year, I met a guy who was fairly intelligent and he said he would give $100 to anyone who could come up with a universal truth. I remember thinking really hard and I could not find one. I asked many of my friends and it was odd what people thought were universal truths.

What sticks out most in my mind is someone answered that a universal truth is that men have one less rib then woman. She was so confident. Sure, some people believe this but that is inherently a Christian belief and it was weird, perhaps a better word would be fascinating, that she did not know the end or start of her religion to life.

Perhaps because her religion was life?

I don’t know.

Most of the time I go through life knowing where each line stops and ends.

The same goes for politics as well. There are huge factions these days within the landscape of DC. The republicans versus the democrats. I strongly believe that you cannot create major social change without getting both parties on board. The democrats learned that the hard way.

The election of Scott Brown for one should have woken up so many Democrats and Republicans alike. He was elected in Massachusetts, a traditionally blue state. Though, still there exists people who don’t think the Scott Brown election means anything just that the Republicans are crazy.

Who’s right?

“Shut up and put your money where your mouth is, that’s what you get for waking up in Vegas.”

1 comment:

  1. I laughed hard at the religious woman. Besides that, I completely agree with you that life is one hell of a ride.

    ReplyDelete