Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Life in Technicolor II

Run, run, run.
Then your lungs, they collapse
The sweat drips down your back
Into your eyes

Sweat is in your mouth
But your ears fill with words
“Look at that fat kid go!”
“Why does he even try?”

A slight falter in your stride,
But you don’t want to be fat.
So, you run.

Anyway, it’s fun.
The sweat that drips down your back
It is only there to protect you.

You.

---


She is pretty
She is blonde
Quite approachable!

She is patient
She is blissful
In need of a best friend!

She is not who you thought
She is dark
Anger fills your soul

Why can’t she be who you thought?

She is trusted
She is coveted
So you lie

Maybe then
She will be your best friend.




I wrote them without thinking at all.
Sara inspired me and I just felt it was the easiest way to explain the situations that are making me angry.
I've never written poetry outside of elementary school!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a sad poem! But you've written a good poem, an emotional one at that, even though you haven't done one since elementary school. I hope you make more.

    ReplyDelete